Re: [tablatures] harmonics in tablature

Patrick Schmidt schrieb:
Marc,

I'm impressed!
Thanks :-)

It your feature gets accepted (and I'm sure it will!) and if you don't mind I will prepare a patch for the NR.
That's great!
There's one obvious detail that has to be mentioned in the docs: When you transpose your music and/or change the string tuning you might have to adjust your custom fret numbers "manually".
Um, I don't think so. Lilypond does not take care of the underlying string tuning,
so Iif you say

\harmonicByFret #7 c4

you'll get the corresponding pitch of a string tuned to c, whether this is a real open string or not.
So, if you use drop d for example, you'll have to write

\harmonicByFret #7 d,4\6

Transposing is not so much a problem, because in general, you can't transpose harmonics easily. If you write a marvelous tune with tons of harmonics in it and want it to sound one semitone
higher, either use a capo or forget about the harmonics.

What's more important IMHO (and I forgot to mention in my last mail) is the fact that it is in general
safer to indicate the string manually, otherwise

\harmonicByFret #2.3 e,4

would be placed at the E1-string, so

\harmonicByFret #2.3 e,4\6

does the trick.