Re: [tablatures] harmonics in tablature

Am 26.09.2010 um 10:37 schrieb Marc Hohl:

If this is solved, I'll have to adapt the fret number. Here I am not sure how to get this done -
I have some ideas, but didn't yet find the time to test it.
Hm, don't be offended by the naivety of my thoughts ;-): In the case of \harmonicByFret the fret number to be engraved should equal the value of \harmonicByFret, i.e. e.g. 7 in the following example:
\harmonicByFret #7 e,\6
This way the user can decide whether the finger should be placed e.g. over the 7th or 19th fret to get the second harmonic.
Yes, that's the way it should work. By now, the pich is transposed properly, so the tab note head engraver would calculate the fret for the transposed pitch, which is the 12th for the first harmonic, 19 for the second, 24 for the third, and so on. So the routine
I am trying to write should overwrite the tab number accordingly.
Or, simply said, I have to be able to set an arbitrary number as a tab note head.
Agreed! What I was aiming at is: Is it possible to define some conditions that should only apply to tablature such as:

if harmonicByFret = #7 than \transpose c g' {pitch} i.e. #(define fret-pitch (vector '(0 4 0))) if harmonicByFret = #19 than \transpose c g'' {pitch} i.e. #(define fret-pitch (vector '(1 4 0)))

and so on. I know it's (if at all) pseudo code but maybe it helps to convey the main idea. If these conditions were possible you wouldn't have to override the tab numbers.

If this is complete nonsense please ignore it! ;-)

patrick