Re: [tablatures] Re: ukulele fretboards

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:44:06PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>We use a C9 chord in the documentation to demonstrate automatic
>fretboard generation.  Our initial plan was to leave the 9th
>fretboards out of predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly so we could continue
>to do that, but maybe that's a myopic view.

I see.  So perhaps this could be demonstrated with c:maj9, c:m9, or
something else from the list in section B.2.

>>> Please convert these to the proper scheme commands, and I'll add
>>> them to output-lib.  As a temporary workaround, you could add them
>>> at the top of predefined-ukulele-fretboards.
>>
>> Right, I did add that ukulele-tuning to
>> predefined-ukulele-fretboards.  I had avoided the others just
>> because I thought I might make a mistake and wasn't sure how to
>> easily proofread these.  Here you go, but someone ought to double
>> check these numbers (for example, I think one number was wrong in
>> the last version I sent to this list):
>
>Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no *someone* available to
>double-check the numbers.  As it stands right now, you are the expert
>on ukulele fretboards and ukulele tunings for LilyPond.

Right, I gathered that from the lack of discussion of this topic in the
mailing list archives.  I personally have ever only played a soprano
ukulele with standard tuning; the list above comes directly from
Wikipedia, which I've cross-checked against a few ukulele websites, and
see no reason to distrust.  But in case it wasn't clear, the only part
I wanted help with was the conversion to a Scheme command.  This was
the source of the error I mentioned above, not a lack of familiarity
with ukulele tunings themselves.  I know there are examples of setting
the tunings for various instruments in the documentation, but since
those settings don't result in a clear visual output like the fretboard
diagrams themselves, I wasn't certain how to double-check them.

But if no-one is able to do this, then I would ask that just the
standard soprano tuning (which will cover the vast majority of use
cases) be included for now.

Thanks,
Matt

--
mvcorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://theorem.ca/~mvcorks/
"Recall that whatever lofty things you might accomplish today, you will do