Re: [tablatures] Re: ukulele fretboards

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 08:24:45AM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>We also need a blurb to go in the documentation somewhere (probably in
>the fret diagrams section) that mentions the presence of
>predefined-ukulele-fretboards.

Okay, as a starting point, I've added some proposed documentation
changes for sections 2.4.1 and B.3 to
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=649

I also realized I had only defined chords for 12 keys, not 17 (ais but
not bes, etc), so I've fixed that now on the version in LSR.

While I'm at it, the predefined-guitar-ninth-fretboards.ly file is not
mentioned very clearly in the documentation. Is there a reason these
haven't been added to predefined-guitar-fretboard.ly, or at least
mentioned in B.3?

>> As I mentioned before, would it also be possible to get the set of
>> standard ukulele tunings added?  Again, these are:
>>
>>   ukulele-tuning            g'c'e'a'
>>   ukulele-d-tuning          a'd'f#'b'
>>   ukulele-tenor-tuning      gc'e'a'
>>   ukulele-baritone-tuning   dgbe'
>
>Please convert these to the proper scheme commands, and I'll add them
>to output-lib.  As a temporary workaround, you could add them at the
>top of predefined-ukulele-fretboards.

Right, I did add that ukulele-tuning to predefined-ukulele-fretboards.
I had avoided the others just because I thought I might make a mistake
and wasn't sure how to easily proofread these.  Here you go, but
someone ought to double check these numbers (for example, I think one
number was wrong in the last version I sent to this list):

  ; soprano ukulele standard tuning, a' e' c' g'
  (define-public ukulele-tuning '(9 4 0 7))
  ; soprano ukulele d tuning, b' fis' d' a'
  (define-public ukulele-d-tuning '(11 6 2 9))
  ; tenor ukulele tuning, g c' e' a'
  (define-public ukulele-tenor-tuning '(-5 0 4 9))
  ; baritone ukulele tuning, d g b e'
  (define-public ukulele-baritone-tuning '(-10 -5 -1 4))

Let me know if there's anything else I should do before these will be
ready to be committed.

Cheers,
Matt

--
mvcorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://theorem.ca/~mvcorks/
"Recall that whatever lofty things you might accomplish today, you will do