Re: [tablatures] arpeggio not displayed on TabStaff on 2.13.3

Thanks Mark for your detailed reply, everything works fine now.

Marc Hohl wrote:

I removed the arpeggio from the TabStaff because most people wanted fret numbers only in the TabStaff.

That's quite unusual: at least in the books I know, arpeggio is always displayed in TabStaff.. Fortunately, LilyPond is flexible and everybody can set the preferred behaviour.

Personally, anyway, I like having in TabStaff what I need to know to actually play the piece (and an arpeggio sign is useful and necessary). And I like having just in the Staff all that is related to the "control of sound" (the real duration of a note, the presence of a tied note,..) and minor things (fingerings,..).

I want just to express (briefly) my point of view, as I was not present when all of you discussed these issues.

[...]
or - if you want all of your files looking like like this - you put these lines in a separate file called mytabsettings.ly and \include it in your files /after/ tablature.ly because otherwise
tablature.ly will overwrite your settings.

Yes, that is very useful. I've created it right now..
Here's the stuff I want to change (I post it in case someone may be interested..): * remove string number from Staff (there is the tab, so this is very redundant)
* add Arpeggio to TabStaff
* remove parentheses around numbers from ties after a line break and from repeatTie (this requires also some changes in tablature.ly)

\layout {
 \context {
    \TabStaff
    \revert Arpeggio #'stencil
 }

 \context {
   \TabVoice
   \override RepeatTie #'after-line-breaking = #repeat-tie::erase-tab
 }

 \context {
    \Staff
    \override StringNumber #'transparent = ##t
 }

}