Re: [tablatures] hammer on and pull off

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Marc Hohl wrote:
Federico Bruni schrieb:
[...]

I suggest you to add in the example two hammeron/pulloff happening at the same time in two different voices. In this case, I think slurs in the upper voice should point up (i.e. over the numbers) and slurs in lower voice point down (under the numbers). I don't know if LilyPond is able to adjust this automatically or if you have to add some code to fix this behaviour..
Have you some examples where this would be needed? It is easier for me to adapt real-life situations
than to think of all possible situations that may come across...

You find attached an example file.

I've done something wrong because even in the first bar - where the music is monophonic - slurs are far from the numbers.
No, you did everything correctly. The main problem here is that you use in your file
the commands \voiceOne and \voiceTwo. These commmands override the stem and
slur directions which are set suitable before. (The stems are invisible, but still there,
so the slurs are drawn /over/ the stems and are therefore too far apart).

\new TabStaff = "tab" <<
     \context TabVoice = "upper tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceOne \upper }
     \context TabVoice = "lower tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceTwo \lower }

You can use

\new TabStaff = "tab" <<
     \context TabVoice = "upper tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceOne \stemDown \slurUp \upper }
     \context TabVoice = "lower tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceTwo \stemUp \slurDown \lower }

as a workaround; the slurs arching under are now too far away; my first attempt isn't aware
of the direction of the slur; I'll try to fix that soon - afterwards, I will try to find a solution for
the \voiceOne / \voiceTwo settings to get rid of the \stem... \slur... commands.

Thank you for your investigations!

Marc

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance