Re: [tablatures] arpeggio not displayed on TabStaff on 2.13.3

Federico Bruni schrieb:
I've realized right now that the symbol of arpeggio is not displayed on the TabStaff (just on the normal Staff) if I use lilypond 2.13.3. If I use 2.12.1, everything works fine.

I guess it's an issue with tablature.ly, because if I comment it out arpeggio are displayed on TabStaff.

I know Marc is working on 2.13.4, which won't require tablature.ly.. so he probably won't be happy about working on a file which is doomed to be quit.

Maybe I'll go back to 2.12.1 and hope the release of 2.13.4 (with built-in new tablature support) will happen very soon.
I removed the arpeggio from the TabStaff because most people wanted fret numbers only in the TabStaff. Please take a closer look at tablature.ly: at the end, you'll find a \layout { ... } block which covers all the
settings for the tablature. Within this block, you see the fragment

% no arpeggios
\override Arpeggio #'stencil = ##f

so I override the stencil for arpeggios with ##f (this is the scheme value for the boolean 'false') with the result that arpeggios don't appear. I you want to change my settings, you have to
\revert Arpeggio #'stencil to his former (predefined) setting.

So, all you have to do is creating a \layout block in your file  with

\layout {
 \context {
    \TabStaff
    \revert Arpeggio #'stencil
 }
}

or - if you want all of your files looking like like this - you put these lines in a separate file called mytabsettings.ly and \include it in your files /after/ tablature.ly because otherwise
tablature.ly will overwrite your settings.

If you have other wishes for your layout, I recommend that you examine the \layout settings at the end of tablature.ly - I tried to comment nearly every feature, so personal layout changes
won't be too difficult.

Marc

Federico