Re: [frogs] chord-name-engraver plus capo - schemeing away ...

 On 28/08/10 19:17, Neil Puttock wrote:
> On 28 August 2010 19:02, Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> There's a work in process to rewrite the chord name function.  I think that
>> the approach that Anthony is taking is correct.
> Is it ever going to be finished?  It's been in process for about a
> year unless I'm mistaken; you posted a patch on Rietveld from Thomas
> earlier this year, but I haven't seen progress since.
>
> I still think it's better to do this in scheme (and that doesn't mean
> as a scheme engraver); even if we ever get to the stage where the
> chord name infrastructure does get rewritten, it shouldn't prevent
> other enhancements being made earlier, especially if they're
> implemented in a modular fashion.
>
> Cheers,
> Neil

I'm quite happy to do it Scheme, and thanks for all the stuff you've
sent/pointed me at to look at. Only thing is, at the moment it's as
clear to me as double-italian (As a german-speaker (my second language),
double-dutch isn't too bad ... :-)

All being well, I'll start on the capo-indicating-engraver in Scheme
tomorrow, so expect a flurry of "how on earth do I do this!" emails :-)

Cheers,
Wol