Re: [frogs] chord-name-engraver plus capo - schemeing away ...

On 28 August 2010 19:02, Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's a work in process to rewrite the chord name function.  I think that
> the approach that Anthony is taking is correct.

Is it ever going to be finished?  It's been in process for about a
year unless I'm mistaken; you posted a patch on Rietveld from Thomas
earlier this year, but I haven't seen progress since.

I still think it's better to do this in scheme (and that doesn't mean
as a scheme engraver); even if we ever get to the stage where the
chord name infrastructure does get rewritten, it shouldn't prevent
other enhancements being made earlier, especially if they're
implemented in a modular fashion.

Cheers,
Neil