Re: [frogs] ready to (re)start

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<kieren_macmillan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
>> You don't run these on the command-line, you make a script.
>
> The page says (and this is a cut-and-paste):
>
>  "You may also need to create a script for pngtopnm and pnmtopng. On GNU/Linux, I use this:"

Create a file in your PATH called pngtopnm.  Make sure it comes before
the real pngtopnm program.  Putting it in $HOME/bin/  would hopefully
work, but since I don't have a mac any more I can't guarantee that.

Copy&paste the two lines into this file.  Make the file executable with
  chmod +x pngtopnm

> I guess I'll go figure out how to create a command-line script, and then return and figure out whether the page is missing any *other* crucial details for development newbies.

There's a reason that I've never recommended that people on osx try to
compile lilypond.  Remember, this is a task that I considered so
complicated that I never did it myself -- despite running the entire
GDP on a mac.

Cheers,
- Graham