[frogs] Re: LSR snippets for contributors and Frogs

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:42:41PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> > 2009/7/24 Mark Polesky <markpolesky@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >> Sometimes I wish
> >> there was something like an LSRD (for developers). You know, snippets
> >> showing how to trace grob-parents, how to sort objects by specific
> >> properties, how to know when to use #'(0 . 1) and when to use
> >> #'(-0.5 . 0.5). These sorts of things.
> >>
> >> What's sorely lacking in my opinion is a good reference documentation
> >> for stuff like music-map, how to get a context from within a music-
> >> function, the difference between ly:font-design-size and
> >> ly:font-magnification, stuff like that. I'm learning all this stuff on
> >> my own but it's like swimming through JELL-O. In the dark. And I think
> >> there are a lot of useful functions that are totally undocumented (like
> >> make-sequential-music and its kin). Sometimes I'll find stuff totally
> >> accidentally, like lily-library.scm.

Advanced scheme stuff, huh?

> as Mark suggested, I have taken the liberty to add a new "devel" tag
> to the LSR. I can rename it to "frog" or "contributors" or whatever,
> but devel came to my mind first.

Really?  "Advanced scheme" comes to _my_ mind first -- 3 or 4
years ago, when I made the very first list of categories (in the
pre-tag days).  Now, I'm not certain if that tag still exists, but
whatever tag corresponds to NR 6 should be used for these scheme
things.

> (now I'll just wait for Graham's "this is a crappy idea" reply... :-)

This is a crappy idea.

Cheers,
- Graham