[frogs] LSR snippets for contributors and Frogs

> 2009/7/24 Mark Polesky <markpolesky@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Sometimes I wish
>> there was something like an LSRD (for developers). You know, snippets
>> showing how to trace grob-parents, how to sort objects by specific
>> properties, how to know when to use #'(0 . 1) and when to use
>> #'(-0.5 . 0.5). These sorts of things.
>>
>> What's sorely lacking in my opinion is a good reference documentation
>> for stuff like music-map, how to get a context from within a music-
>> function, the difference between ly:font-design-size and
>> ly:font-magnification, stuff like that. I'm learning all this stuff on
>> my own but it's like swimming through JELL-O. In the dark. And I think
>> there are a lot of useful functions that are totally undocumented (like
>> make-sequential-music and its kin). Sometimes I'll find stuff totally
>> accidentally, like lily-library.scm.
>
>> I think
>> there should be a "Snippets List for Developers" node on the
>> Developers resources page.

Hi everybody,

as Mark suggested, I have taken the liberty to add a new "devel" tag
to the LSR. I can rename it to "frog" or "contributors" or whatever,
but devel came to my mind first.

Although most average LilyPonders may have to copy-paste, sometimes, a
Scheme hack or something a bit complicated, I can imagine a need for
snippets that aren't useful to users at all, but could be of help to
contributors, developers or bugfixers. If you stumble upon such a
snippet, you may know tag it as "devel", and it should not be too
hard, in the future, to gather all devel-tagged snippets on a page,
for example on the developer's documentation index page, or as an
appendix to the CG?

Either way, tagging the snippets is only a first step, and does not
determine what we'll do with these snippets. So, I added the tag
already, and in the meantime we'll discuss what to do from here.

(now I'll just wait for Graham's "this is a crappy idea" reply... :-)

Regards,
Valentin