Re: [chrony-users] chrony not switching to stratum 10 after loss of references

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 03:02:57PM +0000, Charbonneau, André wrote:
> Out of curiosity, I wonder if there a way to configure chrony to immediately stop serving time to NTP clients as soon as there are no reachable upstream references (or jump to high stratum level)?

There is no option to do that. You would need to write a script
checking the reachability and calling chronyc allow or deny as
needed.

A server which lost its upstream sources is not considered
unsynchronized in NTP. Its root dispersion should be increasing and
it's up to the clients to decide if that is acceptable.