Re: [chrony-users] asymmetric phy delay?

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 04:35:04PM +0100, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> RIght, since if the client is not calibrated also there is no much
> advantage in calibrating the server.

And the network between them. On server it would make some sense if
the correction could be specified for individual addresses or subnets,
but to me it seems better to just do it on the client side.

> And if you are going to this trouble to get some mid term accuracy,
> maybe PTP ends up being maybe a better place to spend energy.

If you can get switches/routers with good PTP support, definitely. If
you had to choose between NTP with SW timestamping vs PTP with HW
timestamping, but no PTP support in the network, that might be a tough
call as both could perform better in some conditions.