Re: Aw: Re: [chrony-users] How to use Facebook's NTP-service correctly?

Would not using a smeared source for chrony which has implimented smearing
just result in "double smearing" as chrony expects a step discontinuity and
never gets it?
So before 00:00:00 chrony would speed up the clock iand then discovered that no step arrived at 00:00:00 and find itself 1 sec
out from its source?