Re: [chrony-users] Does chrony support the DHCP option ntp-servers?

Thank you Bill.  When I looked at your rpm command, I realized the problem - I had the path wrong; I even read right past it in some of the previous responses (my apologies guys!).  I looked on the path you provided and found the script.  From there I found the real culprit: the script looks under /var/lib/dhclient for the temporary chrony.conf.  As this is for a PXE boot environment, the clients "drive" is read-only.  Mounting a tmpfs filesystem to /var/lib/dhclient should do the trick.

Thanks everyone!
--
Jason Lewis
Senior Systems Engineer

On 3/31/20, 15:18, "Bill Unruh" <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    External email – Please make sure you trust the source before clicking links or opening attachments.

    On Tue, 31 Mar 2020, Jason W. Lewis wrote:

    > That missing script is /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d/chrony.sh. It all should
    >    work out of the box. I maintain the chrony package in RHEL/CentOS. :)
    >
    > Oh wow, that's good to hear!  Do you then know which package I need to install to get chrony.sh?  dhclient itself is already installed, but the script is not present.  I tried "dnf provides chrony.sh", but no package was found.

    On my Mageia 7 system ( which I agree is not Redhat/CentOS) it is in the above
    directory and is supplied by the chrony package. Did you install chrony
    while not root?
    rpm -qf /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d/chrony.sh
    chrony-3.4-2.mga7