Re: [chrony-users] Checking if chrony is synchronized

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 09:35:08AM +0000, Primož Sfiligoj wrote:
> Hello Miroslav,
>
> Thank you for quick response.
> None of the sources are specified with trust option. Do you have any idea why I get this status?

No. If no selection option are specified, a single source shouldn't be
able to outvote two sources. Either all sources should be marked as
falsetickers, or their number should be smaller than half of all
sources. It would help if we could see the debug output.

> If i understand you correctly, I must use "chronyc tracking" and field Reference ID for status of local clock synchronization.

Yes. And if you care about accuracy, also check the value of

|system_time_offset| + root_dispersion + (0.5 * root_delay)

as documented in the chronyc man page.