Re: [chrony-users] chrony switch to low stratum very slow

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 05:03:35PM -0700, chuang213 wrote:
> 127.127.1.0 is the local clock with stratum 10 in chrony.conf

You mean "server 127.127.1.0" in chrony.conf? Why do you need that?
That's an ntpd syntax for refclocks, which is not supported in chrony.
Trying to synchronize a clock to itself is generally a bad idea.

> Comparing to switch the server unreachable over 10 minute, the behavior
> here is different.

That is indeed interesting. I guess that the other sources were not
selectable for some reason, not just unreachable. We would probably
need to see the config and measurements, statistics and debug logs to
be sure.