Re: [chrony-users] peers and prefer option

On 03/11/2019 03:16 PM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
It also depends on how many stratum-1 servers and your servers on the layer below are actually combined (marked with the + character in chronyc sources output). If you had a reference clock (e.g. GPS), you could try both and see what works better. You could also increase the stratumweight value to prefer sources with lower stratum instead of the prefer option.

Cheers Miroslav. Unfortunately no reference clock due to problems with installing antennas in my location :(. My example server has 10x web Stratum-1 sources from which 3 are selected + 3x internal peers, so these 6 are marked with "+" for combined algorithm... initially that made me worried that I am doing something stupid, but probably like you said - I just need to experiment a bit and see what works best (and I must have remaining 7 Stratum-1 boxes visibly weak if they lose competition so easily with internal peers)
Thanks again.

Tom