[chrony-users] Re: Chrony.conf for RPI3 that loses power and doesn't have the internet

On 2019-01-04 12:03, Bill Unruh wrote:

> I do not know how Raspberian Stretch sets up its init routines,
> systemd or systemV. Something has to start chronyd. Just make sure it
> has the -s flag.  /etc/init.d/chrony for example, or
> /lib/systemd/system/chronyd.service . Both have command which start up
> chronyd.

In the case of sysvinit boot scripts on debian flavored distributions,
the flags passed to a daemon are typically configured in
/etc/default/${PACKAGE}.  The /etc/init.d/${PACKAGE} script then sources
that file via the shell "." operator.

I am not sure if this convention has survived the shift to systemd.