Re: [chrony-users] Tracking lost but server selected

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 01:03:15PM +0200, Ariel Garcia wrote:
> > It would probably help if we could see debug output from the time when
> > the sources cannot be selected.
>
> Ok, got it :)
>
> There seems to be a 1 to 1 correlation with the "Fallback drift 13"
> activation, which is the value i selected in the config file:
> 	fallbackdrift 13 19

Ok, I think chronyd switching to a fallback drift when no update of
the clock was made in 2^13 seconds explains the unsynchronized status
(0.0.0.0 entries in the tracking log). That's actually how it was
designed to work. I think it could be improved to keep the current
reference and adjust the dispersion rate to allow it to operate as an
NTP server and make the tracking report useful.

The "Can't synchronise: no selectable sources" messages seem to
correspond to chronyc offline commands. Maybe you have a networking
script running automatically when an interface is brought up/down?