Re: [chrony-users] PPS correction not being applied

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Brian Gieryk wrote:

Ok, there is one GPS (with PPS out on a second output, going to GPIO 18 on the rpi)

I did a little change (commented out the two NMEA sources.

I am running gpsd for the GPS source.

It is a Dragino LoRaWAN/GPS hat.

As I mentioned, the GPS is functioning (what appears to me) correctly.

I will add refclocks logging right now.

I will most likely add a second GPS, or more probably, tie it into my Rubidium standard.

As for the PPS signal, ppstest /dev/pps0 give the expected output, finds the PPS signal, and is happy with it.

Chronyc sources just does not seem to recognize it.

No, the problem probably is that PPS only gives time to the second and gives
no idea which second it is. Ie, it is time%1sec. It needs something else and
it needs to know that that something else is actually already working to give
the time with an accuaracy of a bit better than a second. In your case you
told the pps to use nmea, and nmea was not working at all, so the PPS had
nothing to use to tell it which second it was. Lichvar gave you some suggestions. You might try them.

Thank you!

Brian

Sent from my iPhone