RE: [chrony-users] Multiple interfaces is possible?

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for the reply.
My second question about limiting samples is nothing to do with the bug.
Question <1>
Let me put the question in other way. chronyd accepts "n" number of samples before it actually updates the time. How can this "n" be configured? How does chronyd decides upon how many samples it needs to come to conclusion
that the source data is authentic and system time should be set?
My assumption is makestep is one of the configuration that can make chronyd jump to the expected time. I have used "makestep 1000 -1" in the configuration so that there should not be gradual change as system time could be set to epoch. But still chronyd takes in many samples (approx 35) to set the system time.

Question <2>
With the workaround I am able to feed data from multiple sources. Please consider below logs for my question below:
1970-01-01T00:00:04Z chronyd version DEVELOPMENT starting (+CMDMON +NTP +REFCLOCK +RTC +PRIVDROP -SCFILTER -SECHASH +ASYNCDNS +IPV6 -DEBUG)
1970-01-01T00:00:04Z commandkey directive is no longer supported
1970-01-01T00:00:04Z Could not open keyfile /etc/chrony/chrony.keys
1970-01-01T00:00:04Z Frequency 0.000 +/- 1000000.000 ppm read from /var/log/chrony/chrony.drift
1970-01-01T00:00:52Z Selected source SOC2
1970-01-01T00:00:52Z System clock wrong by 1609373625.736444 seconds, adjustment started
2020-12-31T00:14:38Z System clock was stepped by 1609373625.736444 seconds
2020-12-31T00:14:54Z Can't synchronise: no majority

What does this mean? "Can't synchronise: no majority".

--
Thanks and Regards,
Bhushan J.