Re: [chrony-users] Multiple interfaces is possible?

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 07:01:17AM +0000, Jahagirdar, Bhushan wrote:
> Attached strace log and config file that I am using.
> Chrony version I tried: 2.2.1

Thanks. In the log chronyd is trying to read the SOCK sample from a
wrong file descriptor. That fails, select() returns that there are
still data waiting on the right descriptor, chronyd tries to read from
the wrong descriptor again, and this runs in an infinite loop.

It looks like the problem is with the reallocation of the first SOCK
refclock instance. When the second SOCK instance is added, the pointer
that the scheduler is using for the first instance becomes invalid.
This bug was apparently introduced in 2.0.

I'm not sure what's the best way to fix it yet. As a workaround you
can add two more refclocks before the real refclocks to prevent
chronyd from reallocating the third refclock instance. E.g.

refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/chrony.dummy1.sock
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/chrony.dummy2.sock
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/chrony.ttyS1.sock
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/chrony.ttyS2.sock

> Also, I would like to know how can the minimum sampling limit be set for chronyd?
> I am using makestep as below with the assumption that system is set to epoch.
> makestep 1000 -1
>
> Still the number of samples being analyzed are many. How to reduce this?

I'm not sure which samples do you want to limit. Is this related to
the bug described above which causes an infinite loop?