|Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS
- From: Deven Hickingbotham <devenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 07:25:40 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pacbell.net; s=s2048; t=1455895521; bh=dZFXF9mCNmDPPLUauT+sqdIuYCVaObHK7XnQY4fJRfk=; h=Subject:To:References:From:Date:In-Reply-To:From:Subject; b=lVG3uTkViM5QO7THjLiz5OPt6z4W2FjuBKPUI6IsxTXjF4gZjy8lUv71CZUVdVl5K6+lKLhrZCcuhdkjSVVmzloTbeyueEZbIM00iSOc+nAusNLIghX9q0jePC6M8u1taUlqCrJDAQb40PHBpSOqMk9vw3BBNz/y75KvM6p5SZm9Q0yTAoehA/1FacOY1wNsSTeA+mfiLgSMC/zr8ylW8EuErHOvcWBqSfmTwQDnxqsVTSPYkRcXD76K1zUkH8/zFD/Y4bRqwP3OF7Covg+YCSHuwYIxgxmo/IEaUsibFqK7P12XaVVqCI5yVl9nFEnGdeM4IKYmqa5LY4e+nP3LMA==
On 2/18/2016 11:36 PM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
The solution is to compile chrony with PPS support (using the
timepps.h header) and use the PPS refclock instead of SOCK. gpsd would
just provide the NMEA timing as a SHM refclock with noselect option,
to which the PPS refclock would be locked as shown in the example in
the chrony manual. This would also be a good opportunity to switch to
a more recent chrony release, 1.24 was actually the first release with
support for reference clocks and there were some bugs fixed since
Okay, this makes sense as I had to recompile ntp to get it working with PPS.
1. Where do I find timepps.h? If I have to download it, where should it
2. Does timepps.h just have to be present or do I have to change it so
it looks for GPIO 4?
3. What would be the correct way to configure chrony.conf to recognize PPS?
4. Other than stopping the chrony service before installing v2.3, are
there any other steps that should be taken before updating?
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.