Re: [chrony-users] Chrony setup using RTC as fallback

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 08:46:51AM +0100, Mauro Condarelli wrote:
> Is it advised to move to latest version?
> ... or should I stick to the current one (1.31)?

If you need chronyd to restore time from the driftfile modification
time when it's later than the RTC, you will need to update to 2.2. In
2.1 the time was restored only if there was no RTC. Previous version
didn't look at the driftfile timestamp at all.

Do you know what fixed the "506 Cannot talk to daemon" error you were
getting earlier? In the netstat output it looked like chronyd was
listening on port 323, so it should be able to at least respond with
the "not authorized" error.

I'm wondering if we should add older versions of the manual to the
website.