Re: [chrony-users] Chrony setup using RTC as fallback

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015, Mauro Condarelli wrote:

Thanks Bill,
comments inline below.

Il 18/11/2015 20:40, Bill Unruh ha scritto:

Unfortunately something is seriously wrong:
I get consistently "506 Cannot talk to daemon" to each and all chronyc commands I try (while being root).

Check that the chronyc and chronyd are the same versions.
They are, I'm pretty sure because I compiled them both from the dame source package.

Problem seems to be my /var/run is on a tmpfs, so the directory /var/run/chrony does not exist.

Why would you have /var/run on a tmpfs? And why does /var/run/chrony not
exist?