Re: [chrony-users] Chrony setup using RTC as fallback

Unfortunately something is seriously wrong:
I get consistently "506 Cannot talk to daemon" to each and all chronyc commands I try (while being root).

Check that the chronyc and chronyd are the same versions.

Chronyd *is* running:
/ # ps ax | grep chro
 510 root     chronyd -r -s
 602 root     grep chro

... but I do not see the AF_LOCAL socket:
/ # netstat -a
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address State
tcp        0      0 (null):www              (null):* LISTEN
tcp        0      0 (null):ssh              (null):* LISTEN
netstat: /proc/net/tcp6: No such file or directory
udp        0      0 (null):323              (null):*
udp        0      0 (null):ntp              (null):*
udp        0      0 (null):53703            (null):*
udp        0      0 (null):5353             (null):*
netstat: /proc/net/udp6: No such file or directory
netstat: /proc/net/raw6: No such file or directory
Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1166 /tmp/sockIo
unix  5      [ ]         DGRAM                       659 /dev/log
unix  2      [ ACC ]     SEQPACKET  LISTENING        670 /run/udev/control
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 1213 /var/run/avahi-daemon/socket
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING       1226 /tmp/php.socket-0
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING       1229 /tmp/php.socket-1
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING       1234 /tmp/php.socket-2
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING       1237 /tmp/php.socket-3
unix  3      [ ]         DGRAM                       680
unix  3      [ ]         DGRAM                       681
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1160
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                      1208
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                       662

What should I check?