Re: [chrony-users] Chrony setup using RTC as fallback

I am very confused.
I seem to understand current chronyc connects to chronyd (localhost) via AF_UNIX socket (which must reside somewhere in filesystem).
I also seem to understand this socket is (by default) created as /var/run/chrony/chronyd.sock

If my understanding is wrong please correct me.

Using the suggested command results in:

  / # chronyc -e online
  Usage : chronyc [-h <hostname>] [-p <port-number>] [-n] [-4|-6] [-m] [-a] [-f <file>]] [command]

NOTE:
  / # chronyc -v
  chronyc (chrony) version 1.31

My full /etc/chroony.conf follows:

/ # cat /etc/chrony.conf
#initstepslew 30 2.it.pool.ntp.org 0.pool.ntp.org 1.pool.ntp.org

server 0.it.pool.ntp.org offline
server 1.it.pool.ntp.org offline
server 2.pool.ntp.org    offline
server 3.pool.ntp.org    offline

logdir /var/log/chrony
log rtc statistics measurements tracking
logchange 1
driftfile /var/lib/chrony/drift
keyfile /etc/chrony.keys
generatecommandkey