Re: [chrony-users] Fwd: Chrony malfunctioning at beaglebones

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 12:35:52AM +0100, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> In regard to rtcfile, I didn't check how you implemented it, but I
> would say if the configuration have it, we could disregard this sanity
> checks and always restore from the RTC as it is. Is really doesn't
> make sense for the user to configure rtcfile if then he doesn't trust
> the RTC.

The user may have rtcfile enabled unknowingly. I think it is or at
least used to be enabled by default in some distributions. The point
of all of this is to make default configurations work in more cases.
If there is a change in default behavior, it should be easily
understandable. Using a magic constant of 1 hour, but only in some
cases, would probably make it all more confusing.

If you can, please test the new code in git and let me know if it
doesn't work as expected.