Re: [chrony-users] Fwd: Chrony malfunctioning at beaglebones

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be nice if chronyd detected that automatically, but I'm not
> sure what would be the best approach. I was considering to always
> check if the system time is 1970-01-01 or 2000-01-01, but someone said
> on a different mailing list there are other dates the system clock
> would have after initialization from an RTC without battery.
>
> Suggestions are welcome.

For the typical case, if the user have Chrony installed, does he
really want to be able to manually adjust the RTC, at least for a big
backward change?

If not, why simply not disregard when the RTC "time fails to at least
have the time restored from the driftfile."?

I'm copying this from your commit message, that is why I understood
this would fix it, since I find this behaviour optimal.

Nuno