Re: [chrony-users] Fwd: Chrony malfunctioning at beaglebones

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The -s option will restore the time from the driftfile only if there
> is no RTC. If the machine has an RTC, but it's unusable because there
> is no battery to keep the time when turned off, you will also need to
> tell chronyd to ignore the RTC by setting the rtcdevice to a device
> that doesn't not exist. For example:
>
> rtcdevice /dev/nonexist

I see that at Sep 3 your commited a change to this behaviour

http://git.tuxfamily.org/chrony/chrony.git/commit/?id=7d6de7afe680bababef4421250c7af62d643aa14

Is this supposed to solve this "problem"? It looks it does, but since
your message was after the commit, I am confused how they relate.

Thanks!
Nuno