Re: [chrony-users] Chrony Accuracy

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Hosam Hittini wrote:

Actually I need accuracy in the order of nano secondsIs it possible to achieve such
accuracy if I have a dedicated LAN NTP server?

No. nanosecods requires special hardware. All kinds of things-- interrupt
processing latency for example-- get in the way. Even the local reading of the
system clock becomes problematic at that level. Microsends or even
submicroseconds is possible. nsec on ordinary computer kit is not.
This is not a problem with chrony per se. It is a problem with the hardware.

Thanks

Regards,
Eng. Hosam Hittini