Re: [chrony-users] Chrony Accuracy

Actually I need accuracy in the order of nano seconds
Is it possible to achieve such accuracy if I have a dedicated LAN NTP server?
Thanks

Regards,
Eng. Hosam Hittini

On Aug 12, 2014, at 12:43 PM, Holger Hoffstätte <holger.hoffstaette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/12/14 10:13, Hosam Hittini wrote:
I was wondering how accurate Chrony is, in terms of seconds

Very. The built-in stats say that my inhouse server with a Stratum-1 upstream source at my ISP is currently "0.000010289 seconds fast of NTP time". That's 10µs.

If you are thinking in terms of "seconds", chrony is good enough for you. :)

-h