Re: [chrony-users] gpsd, pps and chrony

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 06:33:33PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
> On 21/03/2011 17:37, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> > BTW, the soon to be released gpsd supports kernel PPS timestamping and
> > also the chrony SOCK protocol, which means that to get PPS samples
> > with nanosecond resolution the PPS refclock won't be necessary.
>
> Seems there are a bunch of cool projects around at the moment where the
> interesting features are still only in the git repo and waiting for a
> "release" to make them official...
>
> :-)

BTW, are you testing chrony 1.25-pre1? So far, I haven't received any
feedback. I know the UNIX philosophy says no message is a good
message, but here it could just mean that we don't have many users
testing it rather than it's bug free :-). A quick google search shows
it's packaged only in Fedora 15 which is still in alpha state.

---