Re: [chrony-dev] SW/HW timestamping on Linux

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 09:02:14AM -0800, Denny Page wrote:
> The program up if you want to have a look. I am still working on the guidelines for use.
>
>   https://github.com/dennypage/ethtscal
>
> My testing has been principally focused on the i354. I will also be testing the i211, which I believe should be very close to the i210, but I need to finish the i354 first. Unfortunately it’s a long iterative process to balance the tx and rx values.

This is very interesting and I'm curious to see how you balance the
tx and rx values. If I know the expected delay is x and I measure
delay y, how do I distribute the (x-y) difference to the tx and rx
comp values? Is there some symmetry in the RX and TX timestamping
error?

Anyway, could you please confirm the new txcomp and rxcomp options in
the hwtimestamp directive work for you as expected?