Re: [chrony-dev] SW/HW timestamping on Linux

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 10:54:16PM -0800, Denny Page wrote:
> That would be great. For option names, I would suggest something like:
>
>   hwtimestamp igb0 txcomp 178 rxcomp 448
>
> txcomp is the number of nanoseconds to add to tx timestamps
> rxcomp is the number of nanoseconds to subtract from rx timestamps

Ok, this looks doable.

comp as short for compensation? Why is one adding and the other
substracting? Would it be ok with you if the values were specified in
seconds to be consistent with other options?

If you could prepare a short description (or patch) for these options
I could put in the man page, that would be great too :).