Re: [chrony-dev] Could not open dump file

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:45:31 +0200
Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 01:27:16PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> > But it communicates with the local clock unless I give it a restart.
> > Here is a tracking which I observed after 3 hrs from starting my pc.
>
> Are the servers in "chronyc activity" output offline? Or are they
> missing?
>
> If they are offline, you'll need to issue the online command, but this
> is usually handled by distribution specific scripts.
>
> If they are missing, name resolving didn't work when it was started.
> This is a known problem with 1.23. You can replace the host names in
> chrony.conf with IP addresses, or try upgrading to 1.24 or current
> git.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Here is the servers I have in my chrony.conf

```````
server 0.asia.pool.ntp.org  auto_offline minpoll 8
server 1.asia.pool.ntp.org  auto_offline minpoll 8
server 2.asia.pool.ntp.org  auto_offline minpoll 8
server 3.asia.pool.ntp.org  auto_offline minpoll 8

If 1.24.is available in debian testing then I surely upgrade it. For now I have found a workaround. I have to place

"/etc/init.d/chronyd restart"   at /etc/rc.local file.

Thanks