Re: [chrony-dev] Could not open dump file

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 01:27:16PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> But it communicates with the local clock unless I give it a restart.
> Here is a tracking which I observed after 3 hrs from starting my pc.

Are the servers in "chronyc activity" output offline? Or are they
missing?

If they are offline, you'll need to issue the online command, but this
is usually handled by distribution specific scripts.

If they are missing, name resolving didn't work when it was started.
This is a known problem with 1.23. You can replace the host names in
chrony.conf with IP addresses, or try upgrading to 1.24 or current
git.