Re: [chrony-dev] Build scripts.

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 06:10:31PM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
>> The other nasty in the current build scripts is that don't really allow for cross compiling.
>
> What's missing? I think running configure with appropriate CC should
> work. We can add --target option to prefix the compiler name if
> that's what you are referring to.
The problem is with the bit in configure where it uses uname to query what
the operating system is.  Obviously this could be handled via --target etc
but it isn't currently.

No earthly reason this code won't build say on a windows box using a suitable
cross compiling setup in order to target linux embedded boards (actually an
annoyingly common situation).

Jonathan