Re: [chrony-dev] Build scripts.

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 03:51:04PM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> Anyhow the purpose of this email is to assess peoples views on changing
> the current hand rolled configure scripts for some that are more flexible
> and less likely to cause problems during cross compiles. I am particularly
> interested in avoiding some the mess that is currently required to get it
> to build as part of the openembedded system.

Can you elaborate on what is needed to build it on the system?

I'm not really a fan of autotools, especially in small projects with
limited portability like chrony. I think the supported systems are now
only Linux, Solaris and NetBSD, and the portability is mainly limited by
support for adjtime/adjtimex functions and their quirks.

I'd rather see the current scripts improved.