Re: [chrony-dev] Re: Chrony files need rescuing

In compiling the new git I get the following error message

gcc -Wmissing-prototypes -Wall -O2 -g  -DFEAT_RTC=1 -DLINUX
-DHAVE_SCHED_SETSCHEDULER -DHAVE_MLOCKALL -DHAS_STDINT_H -DHAS_INTTYPES_H
-DHAVE_IPV6 -c util.c
util.c: In function 'UTI_TimevalNetworkToHost':
util.c:523: warning: right shift count >= width of type
util.c: In function 'UTI_TimevalHostToNetwork':
util.c:535: warning: right shift count >= width of type

While not a problem in the code, compiler warnings always worry me.

I am very impressed with the number of things you have cleaned up and added!

By the way, in chrony 1.23 I am getting chronyd hangs (ie it keeps running but
is clearly hung somewhere. Also if I do chronyc, and issue a command like tracking
it also hangs. This is very sporadic. On one machine it occurs almost every
night after the logs are rotated. On another it has just happened once. It is a bit worrying. I know I have had hangs with the rtc code on machines
which did not rtc properly implimented due to using hpet, and due to Linux
bugs, but I do not know if this is being caused by the same thing. It is too
rare and sporadic for me to track it down, but was wondering if others have
seen it.

One thing I do is every night to a chronyc rotatelogs command and maybe this
is associated with that.