Re: [chrony-dev] Re: Chrony files need rescuing

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, John Hasler wrote:

Bill writes:
In compiling the new git I get the following error message

Not seeing it here (Debian/Sid, AMD64).

Yes, because your tv_sec are 64 bits long, rather than 32 bits on my Mandriva
32 bit. They are of type long int.

The problem is not really a problem, since the shift in the code only happens if the length of tv_sec is greater than 4, in which case the 32 bit shift is fine. But the warning message could be a bit disconcerting. (Ie, it is more a
cosmetic than a real problem, but it is nice to do cosmetology as well)