Re: [frogs] Re: New frog in an empty pond?

On 23 February 2012 15:18, Pavel Roskin <proski@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I actually wanted to make a stopgap solution in Scheme.  I wrote some code
> that looks for other stems and sets the stem length so it would touch the
> stem above (attached).  But the code is unreliable.  Some stems are not
> calculated yet.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think you'll have much
success with this approach.  At the very least, you'll need a Scheme
engraver at the correct context level to collect the stems at the
right time.  If a simple length override were possible with the
current infrastructure, we wouldn't need a Span_arpeggio_engraver to
typeset cross-staff arpeggios.

Cheers,
Neil