Re: [frogs] Re: New frog in an empty pond?

Quoting Neil Puttock <n.puttock@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 23 February 2012 15:18, Pavel Roskin <proski@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I actually wanted to make a stopgap solution in Scheme.  I wrote some code
that looks for other stems and sets the stem length so it would touch the
stem above (attached).  But the code is unreliable.  Some stems are not
calculated yet.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think you'll have much
success with this approach.  At the very least, you'll need a Scheme
engraver at the correct context level to collect the stems at the
right time.  If a simple length override were possible with the
current infrastructure, we wouldn't need a Span_arpeggio_engraver to
typeset cross-staff arpeggios.

Thank you for this valuable advise! I was considering that approach. I guess I'll need to learn how to write an engraver in Scheme.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin