Re: [vhffs-dev] Progress status

Le Fri, 6 Jul 2007 02:56:29 +0200,
Sylvain Rochet <gradator@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> hi,
ho,

> When Debian Etch was released (in the begin of April), we
> brainstormed about what should be done to release vhffs 4.1. Here is
> a summarized list of changes that should be done :
>
> - Autotools
> - Panel navifation refactoring (avoid redirections)
Still not finished (particularly on preferences pages)
> - Lifting to template
> - Listengine improvements (rights and moderation)
>
> And we decide to delay tags to vhffs 4.2 because this is time greedy
> and not necessary.
really ? I'm really really sad, you now how much i'd like to have this
feature ! :p

> ----
>
> Everything is almost completed.
>
> Things to do that seems rather important to me :
>
> - Autotools need more flags
>   - compile documentation or not
done
>   - compile tuxshell or not
not done, headache prone (since tuxshell shares headers with vhffsfs &
autokill so we've to decide
>   - install panel or not
done
>   - install listengine or not
done
>   - install robots or not
done
>   - install backend or not
done
>   - install compat or not (backend?)
done
>   - install jabber or not
done
>   - install tests or not
Hem, IIRC they're not functional anymore since autotools migration
>   - install tools or not
done

It's not fine tuned: even if you choose not to install listengine, its
robot will be installed (can be fixed easily).

> - There is a problem with some files, autokill and vhffsfs can not be
> considered as 'tools', we should move that elsewhere, but I don't
> mind to create a vhffs-path for 2 files, any ideas ?

nope but I'll think about this

> - I must finish listengine improvements because some options available
> in the panel are not working ;)

YES INDEED !!

> Not important things for 4.1, 4.1.something instead :
>
> - vhffs-packages is totally out of date, we must work on it. Some
> packages (pure-ftpd, mysql5) are still patched by tuxfamily's members
> (the release of Etch is going to reduce a lot the work needed on
> that, especially because tuxfamily had to backports a lot of packets).
>
> - Tags (also known as folksonomy) ;)

I'll add Documentation documentation and documentation (I'm currently
working on that).

As a conclusion I'll say that it'll be *very* hard to release 4.1
within one week...

> Sylvain
Sébastien