[vhffs-dev] Progress status

hi,

When Debian Etch was released (in the begin of April), we brainstormed
about what should be done to release vhffs 4.1. Here is a summarized
list of changes that should be done :

- Autotools
- Panel navifation refactoring (avoid redirections)
- Lifting to template
- Listengine improvements (rights and moderation)

And we decide to delay tags to vhffs 4.2 because this is time greedy
and not necessary.

----

Everything is almost completed.

Things to do that seems rather important to me :

- Autotools need more flags
  - compile documentation or not
  - compile tuxshell or not
  - install panel or not
  - install listengine or not
  - install robots or not
  - install backend or not
  - install compat or not (backend?)
  - install jabber or not
  - install tests or not
  - install tools or not

- There is a problem with some files, autokill and vhffsfs can not be
considered as 'tools', we should move that elsewhere, but I don't mind
to create a vhffs-path for 2 files, any ideas ?

- I must finish listengine improvements because some options available
in the panel are not working ;)

Not important things for 4.1, 4.1.something instead :

- vhffs-packages is totally out of date, we must work on it. Some
packages (pure-ftpd, mysql5) are still patched by tuxfamily's members
(the release of Etch is going to reduce a lot the work needed on that,
especially because tuxfamily had to backports a lot of packets).

- Tags (also known as folksonomy) ;)

Sylvain