Re: [xmoto-dev] Xmoto on mingw

Hey,

these are good news!
Before you release xmoto-edit, could you please have a look at some minor issues? Xmoto-edit should no more overwrite settings manually added to the .lvl file, due to new version stuff, that came with xmoto-0.2.5. (In fact if things like level border texture could be assigned using xmoto-edit, it would be fantastic.) The snapping always tends to make a clean selection impossible, sometimes its nearly impossible to choose a vertice that is very near to another (even if snapping=off), so you have to click around and hope to get it. Edge snapping should be improved so that its possible to get "snapped out" vertices back to the grid. ("Snapping out" occurs when you make selections smooth by F10 for example) Also Ctrl for snapping helps little, because its not a defined grid point where the vertice snapped to then. A simple "back" command, if you pressed the wrong key would sometimes prevent frustrating experience. When creating blocks, that have a vertice to vertice distance from less then 1 grid edge, the snapping sometimes graps and makes a triangle where a rectangle was intended. A list for selection of edge effects or sprites (similar to the texture one) would be a great improvement for effective editing.

These are the things I covered out lately, if at least some of them can be fixed, it could help arising good new levels by the people out there.

regards, Jens aka gaivota

nadenislamarre@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

it works.
i manage to compile xmoto and xmoto-edit with mingw !
bye bye microsoft visual.
Moreover, i cross compile them from my linux box, then, bye bye windows... i
think that next packages will be a simple .zip containing the files. Then, to
make new version nicer to just unzip, we have to use Documents And settings dir
so that people just unzip and launch, instead of copying their old file into the
dir.

I've committed nothing. I'll do it in the next days and make xmoto-edit 1.0 out
this week.

Nicolas