[xmoto-dev] Xmoto developments ideas (RFC)

Hello all,

Some of you already knows me but for the others, my name is Erwann and I follow the developpment of Xmoto since some time now. (I would say since version 0.07).
I like what all of you did, it is simply very impressive, and I would like to help in return.
I tried to code but I was not very effective. I tried to make the website look better but it is not already integrated.
I bought xmoto.fr some months ago to bring more visibility to the game.

Now my idea is that we could ask famous motorbike brand if they are interested in sponsoring the project !

I know that it works very well like that, but with the help of moto brands we would earn more visibility, more users, more developpers, more patches, and the game would become even better.

Marketing peoples are fond of new way to extand their communication easily (for example, you can see the "Second Life" game).

The purpose of my idea is not at all to sell xmoto to those brands, but it could be to developp a theme with their data. The theme would have a very realistic look (because including realistic stuffs), and the brands would have interests in helping xmoto's developpments.

Again, I am not talking about making money with xmoto, but using xmoto as a diplomat of free games.

I am not sure if it can works but if it can, we shouldn't miss the opportunity.
it would be to prove that GPL can be viable.

comments are welcome !

Erwann

PS : the marketing presentation (to improve)

Sponsoring Xmoto :

Xmoto is a free motocross platform game, very promising and already very famous.

You drive your bike across a realistic world, similar to motocross circuits, and you have challenges to realise in the shortest time possible.

The game make full use of Internet capacity and each player can connect to a central server which host new levels, new graphics and the

Xmoto is

It is available for windows, Mac and Linux, and included in many Linux distributions. Since its beginning, Xmoto has been downloaded X times, and each new versions brings more and more users.

Xmoto players are already sensibilized to motocross.

Some of them are already motocross praticants, some of them are simple motorcyclists and all of them like the xmoto game.

Developping a free game is not always easy : xmoto has several developpers which helps a lot the game play, and some graphics designers, music composers or pakagers.

We could improve a lot the game with your help : every graphics part of Xmoto is themable. It means than every graphic can easily be replaced wih another one. With your help and permission, we could make a nice graphic to be included in Xmoto to make the game nicer to the players. It would brings you a very good visibility among xmoto players, and this marketing sponsoring would also be a big opportunity for you to present your motorbike models.

Including your brand, logos, or graphical arts in some chosen place would make xmoto nicer and ad for you.

Including your bike model in xmoto gameplay would increase the gamer knowledge of your bikes.

Distributing specials realeses of xmoto on your website would bring your customer some fun with your help, and some try of your bikes.

We can even developp new specials features for you if you get some ideas.