Re: [xmoto-dev] Re: pre xmoto 0.2.3

Quoting Rasmus Neckelmann <neckelmann@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On 12/19/06, Nicolas Adenis-Lamarre <nadenislamarre@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Rasmus Neckelmann a écrit :
> > >
> > > Well, I still think the scroll bars behave a bit too strange. But
> > > maybe that's just something i should ignore :)
> > >
> > is it better ? i can do better again, but this is a first step.
>
> Can't test it from here
>
> > Note that there is currently no way to updated xmoto.bin without people
> > have to type F5 to refresh new levels if we want to add new levels in
> > the future. We must think to do it for the next version.
> > I think to add a lot of existing levels for the next version. However,
> > it requires two things : first, modify xmoto so that a file of a package
> > can be updated ;
>
> Hmm, isn't that impossible on non-windows machines where the bin file
> is read-only to users?
>
> --
> Rasmus Neckelmann

f5 don't regenerate the xmoto.bin, but the index.

"modify xmoto so that a file of a package can be updated"
=> you don't need to modify xmoto.bin for that ; there are other mecanism like
to give priority to the files in ~/.xmoto for example (which already exists
base on same level name)

An other pb, i think that xmoto is not vista compliant : on windows, the
directory My Documents (%MYDOCUMENTS% or somethings like it, not the name in
hard) should be used. It would have the advantage to have like on non unix
machine an user dir separated of the install dir.

I added some new changes (not commited) ; the only think i don't know to do is
how it should appear the first time a man click on the button levels... I think
this is the last point for xmoto 0.2.3. Personnaly, i've corrected all what i
wanted for it.
I have to package xmoto-edit separatly too.

Nicolas